Pega BPM Review

Offers extra force in doing common tasks like OLS, solving situations, and reporting

What is our primary use case?

The most valuable features of Pega are the integrations that come out of the box. You have extra force in doing some common tasks like OLS, solving situations, or reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

What I found useful is irrelevant when our customers often could not afford a full Pega solution. I'd like to see them introduce some cheaper or more affordable solutions.

What is most valuable?

Some of our clients are still waiting to upgrade from Pega 6 to Pega 7. Only a variety will upgrade from 7 to 8. Overall, Pega 8 is a good platform with improvement.

What needs improvement?

What should be included is some UI features and maybe some integrations. This includes documentation on how the UI works. For example, some way for the Pega out of the box tools to support UGS. That would be very wise.

My issue is that the UI is hard to see in some small details. You can't do fast work with it all the time. Sometimes a customer has some requirements that you go outside of this box. It gives you the Pegs UI tool which has some limitations about styling and customizing the UI.

For some customers, it meets their requirements and for some, it doesn't. That's my view for organizational use. Maybe they could provide better technical support.

When you are trying to do some minor attachments, you shouldn't be required to use the UI. However, you can just use the solutions that are already in there.

I have been using Pega BPM ( /products/pega-bpm-reviews ) for five years.

I like Pega BPM and the way that Pega is in harmony with all of these solutions.

Scalability is a good part of Pega. Big applications are slow. They always have something in a test-mode or something to be improved. Some other Pega features are not too good in my experience.

We are not using Pega in my organization. We are providing solutions to our customers based on the number of users. One of the issues around Pega I've had experience with are applications that confuse the users.

While Pega technical support is okay, it also depends on the issues you need help with and who your contact is with Pega. When you have a solution license, you don't get the support.

You need to go to some other sites, ask questions and hope that somebody will answer them. Pega has a solution where they provide support if you have some issues. You can find a solution with a person who has some experience at Pega for support.

We managed to resolve all of our issues and the overall experience was quite nice.

Setup is the flexibility of Pega from my point of view. There have to be some complex things that make issues on any project. Pega needs some additional features here.

I worked as an integrator and consultant. I did the setup on my own.

What other advice do I have?

My main advice is to look over the solutions for each customer base to understand the main features in Pega and what should be done or shouldn't be done.

In my experience, I've met some people who say that Pega is quite expensive and hadn't even the slightest idea of how to use it and these features.

My main advice is just to get acquainted with Pega as a solution. I will give it a score of eight out of ten. It's quite good.