Pega BPM Review

An excellent enterprise-level solution which is the leader in BPM and case management solutions

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution anywhere we have to manage processes. I have a large portfolio of clients in financial, health care, life sciences, etc., and I use the solution for all of them.

What is most valuable?

Pega is currently number one in BPM and case management solutions, according to Gartner and Forrester. I like that it’s mostly a no-code platform. It’s also more of an enterprise-level solution. It looks like a front end stack. There are dozens of applications that are just moored to each other. However, Pega feels like one solution.

The interface is quite simple and easy to use, even for beginners.

What needs improvement?

Pega currently is trying to add chatbots to their systems, and it's still quite immature. This part definitely needs to be improved. The RPA also needs improvement. Pega has its own RPA, via an acquisition a couple of years ago. They bought OpenSpan and tried to rewrite it to Pega's platform. It still has some gaps. For example, they have no machine learning. If they want to be more mature in the market, they probably need to consider working on improving that.

The solution is stable across all deployment models.

It's very simple to scale the solution, especially if it is on the cloud. It's your own environment. You can just make your own limitations as to how fast you want to create your own new environments. Right now, we are handling 20,000 users.

The initial setup is quite simple. How long deployment takes depends on what you want to implement. It can be as little as 50 minutes if it's something very easy. It's like moving bricks. You are not typing any code, rather you are creating processes. When you're developing it, the length of time needed depends on how many bricks or processes you have to move, or create, so to speak.

In terms of how many people you need to maintain the solution, It depends on what type of support was chosen. It can be your own maintenance, or it can be maintenance from other suppliers or the vendor. It also depends on the number of applications you have as well.

What other advice do I have?

We are using both public and private cloud and on-premises deployment solutions. We're using product versions seven and eight and have previously used product version six.

We’re a Pega partner.

I would rate the solution ten out of ten.

More Pega BPM reviews from users
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Pega BPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.