Pega BPM Review

A complete solution in terms of functionality with processes specialized using the situational layer cake

What is our primary use case?

We do not use this solution in my organization. We are consultants and we act as a third-party for our clients.

This solution is used to orchestrate processes across different parts of the infrastructure. All of the activities are coordinated and controlled, managed by a unique platform where they can keep track of everything.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the situational layer cake. It's a feature of the tool that allows us to specialize a process according to different countries, products, or other dimensions. This means that we can create complex processes that are differentiated according to geography, product, or other characteristics. The result is that it makes it much easier for us to maintain the solution.

In terms of functionality, Pega is probably the number one solution in this field.

What needs improvement?

Compared to other BPM products, the interface is somewhat complex, so the usability could be improved.

We have been using this solution since 2014.

Pega BPM is very stable and our customers use it on a daily basis.

This is a very scalable solution. Our customers are large enterprises.

The technical support is okay.

One of our clients was using a BPM solution by TIBCO before switching to Pega. TIBCO is more technical, whereas Pega is more business-oriented.

The initial setup is quite complex. It requires a lot of time and its not something that you can just do quickly. Pega is a very complete and structured product that needs to be configured according to the organizational structure.

Considerations have to be made with respect to managing data and integrating with their tools. In many ways, it is a Plug and Play tool, but it will require some time.

We have had cases where we have done the deployment for our customers, although in other instances, the client does everything. We prefer not to do the installation, if possible.

The price of this solution, including installation and configuration, is comparable to competing vendors.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to make sure that they understand it. For example, we are certified in the usage of Pega BPM. It's a very complete product but it is not a simple one. They need to use the right, structured approach to implement it properly. Pega is not a product for a client with small needs. If anything, when setting up Pega you should think bigger and put things in place for what will be needed to lead the team in the right direction in the future.

More Pega BPM reviews from users
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Pega BPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.