Pega BPM Review

Scalable with good dashboards and pretty good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for customer experience. We also use it to create some workflows.

What is most valuable?

The solution provides us with a very good dashboard.

What needs improvement?

From a technical point of view, it would be helpful to have some advanced analytics to help with configuration. We have a lot of unwanted features and it would be good to configure it more appropriately so that we are using just exactly what we need.

I've been using the solution for five years.

In terms of stability, occasionally there are a few glitches to contend with. It's fine. It's to be expected. It doesn't affect our work too much.

The solution is scalable. If a person needs to expand the solution for their organization, they can easily do so.

Currently, we have more than 20 people using the solution.

We've never been in touch with technical support, so I can't speak to how they are or what the process is.

We previously used Appian. At the time, there was some product integration and it made sense for us to switch to Pega.

In terms of implementation, the solution's initial setup is a little bit complex. It's not exactly straightforward. The software implementation and deployment, for example, is very complex. In comparison to the on-premises model, the cloud is very quick to deploy. The configuration on the cloud is much more straightforward.

If a person is using an on-premises solution, they will need one person to manage it, but if the cloud is deployed, there's no need for anyone.

We're still in the process of evaluating other solutions. We're comparing other offerings to Pega.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Pega.

I'm not sure of the exact release number, but we are using the latest version of the solution.

It's a good idea to get clarity in terms of what future upgrades the solution plans to implement. Then, compare it to the competition. It will give you a good idea of what is possible and what will be possible.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten overall. It's been quite good and we've been quite satisfied with it.

More Pega BPM reviews from users
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Pega BPM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.