Pentaho Business Analytics Review

A few steps in PDI can be fine tuned, but has enabled our clients and their users to make calculated decisions.

What is most valuable?

Pentaho Data Integration.

How has it helped my organization?

Pentaho reports have enabled our client and their users to take calculated and informed tactical decisions. The drag and drop reporting of Pentaho is very user friendly and takes care of all reporting needs very efficiently.

What needs improvement?

1. A few steps in PDI like Database Join can be fine tuned.
  2. Work could be done on roles and securities.

3 and a half years.

None so far.

Pretty stable. But database and repository cache sometimes need to be manually refreshed to make the changes effective.

Yes. A few steps like Database join and merge join steps could be finetuned.

A 3/5. The support is prompt and timely. But there have been some technical limitations sometimes.

3/5.

Used MSBI sparingly. Used Pentaho mostly for cost benefits.

Pretty straightforward. Also the support Pentaho documents are self explanatory for installation guidelines.

In-house team.

Awesome. Even for enterprise edition. Obviously much better for community version.

Currently using community edition. So zero maintenance cost.

Not thoroughly enough.

What other advice do I have?

If budget is a constraint, then Pentaho is a very good option. If budget is not an issue , then paid BI tools can be easily considered. Pentaho is leader in open source technology but still may not match paid BI tools.

More Pentaho Business Analytics reviews from users