Pentaho Data Integration Review

It's open source so there's no concern for pricing and licensing, and we've deployed it with minimal hardware.

What is most valuable?

• It has a nice GUI that anyone can learn to use in just a few days with minimal training.
  • It has great support for big data technologies; Pentaho 5.3 comes with support for HBase, Pig, Oozie, and Hadoop distribution support.

How has it helped my organization?

• It's an open-source tool, so you don't need to worry about licensing costs.
  • We've deployed it with very minimal hardware.
  • We have migrated one of the key project from Microsoft BI to Pentaho Data integration, this saved lot of money as well there were much improvement in performance as well.

What needs improvement?

The rule executor step can be improved. It has one limitation: we cannot give it a dynamic file name in this step.

I've used it for 4.5 years.

We've had no issues with deployment.

We've had no issues with stability.

We've had no issues with scalability.

We used MSBI and we switched to Pentaho Data Integration and it has saved us lot of money and time.

For Pentaho, the initial setup is very straightforward.

We did it in-house.

Because it's open source, there's no issue of pricing or licensing.

What other advice do I have?

Use if for any data warehousing and migration projects. I love this tool and we can use it without spending a penny.

I would say this is the best ETL tool in the market, considering this is open source and ease to use, very nice GUI.

1 visitor found this review helpful