What is most valuable?
- It has a nice GUI that anyone can learn to use in just a few days with minimal training.
- It has great support for big data technologies; Pentaho 5.3 comes with support for HBase, Pig, Oozie, and Hadoop distribution support.
How has it helped my organization?
- It's an open-source tool, so you don't need to worry about licensing costs.
- We've deployed it with very minimal hardware.
- We have migrated one of the key project from Microsoft BI to Pentaho Data integration, this saved lot of money as well there were much improvement in performance as well.
What needs improvement?
The rule executor step can be improved. It has one limitation: we cannot give it a dynamic file name in this step.
For how long have I used the solution?
I've used it for 4.5 years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
We've had no issues with deployment.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
We've had no issues with stability.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
We've had no issues with scalability.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
We used MSBI and we switched to Pentaho Data Integration and it has saved us lot of money and time.
How was the initial setup?
For Pentaho, the initial setup is very straightforward.
What about the implementation team?
What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and licensing?
Because it's open source, there's no issue of pricing or licensing.
What other advice do I have?
Use if for any data warehousing and migration projects. I love this tool and we can use it without spending a penny.
I would say this is the best ETL tool in the market, considering this is open source and ease to use, very nice GUI.
Which version of this solution are you currently using?
Find out what your peers are saying about Hitachi, Microsoft, Informatica and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: June 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.