Pentaho Review

Increases productivity and lowers costs, though should improve the construction of its dashboards

What is most valuable?

I use the BI Server, CDE Dashboards, Saiku, and Kettle, because these tools are very good and highly experienced.

How has it helped my organization?

The first eight years, I used this tool in one company. Now, I have some customers who hire me to give them advice. I have a couple of great customers in my country and they are very satisfied because they have increased productivity and lowered costs.

What needs improvement?

Pentaho, at the general level, should greatly improve the easy construction of its dashboards and easy integration of information from different sources without technical user intervention.

For 12 years. I have been using Pentaho CE 6.0 and 7.0. Last year, I implemented Pentaho CE 5.0.

I am actually trying to use Pentaho 7.0 CE and determine if it has some issues. In Pentaho EE, I have several years using it without having issues.

No, it is a highly experienced tool. It can do anything.

Really, I don't know about the support of Pentaho EE. As for the support of Pentaho CE, it is bad. Fortunately, I am highly experienced and use it very little.

To start, the first configurations were very difficult. I started with the CE version and without good documentation or support. I spent years learning for myself.

What other advice do I have?

Hire specialized support for Pentaho. If customers want a professional tool and have the money, they should invest in the enterprise version of Pentaho or hire a company from your country specializing in Pentaho with high experience.