Jt hjyjg 400x400

PeopleSoft Review
It allows for some configurability without coding, but initial deployment is a complex process.

Valuable Features:

It’s more configurable than it used to be. This makes it easier. You have opportunities where coding is not required and I think that’s the direction they are heading in, but if you have complex needs this does create an issue.

It has definitely evolved over time. I like the direction they are going in. It’s more robust now than it used to be, although sometimes that’s a good thing and sometimes a bad thing!

Room for Improvement:

It requires more technical expertise to weed through code and see what’s happening behind the scenes to actually deliver a solution that the end user is happy with. They are trying to make it more flexible. It certainly requires more technical savvy expertise than in the past.

Use of Solution:

I have been working with PeopleSoft for around 15 years.

Deployment Issues:

First deployment always takes a little work, and we came from the legacy system to the PeopleSoft world. Within the legacy world, we had three systems that didn’t really communicate with one another. I can’t say that it’s become easier over time, from our first implementation to what I deal with now. It’s a complex process, as it just depends on how many systems you are working with and maintaining. I think the first one was certainly easier than the upgrades that we have to deal with since.

Previous Solutions:

We used legacy systems previously.

Other Advice:

I would definitely recommend for people to look around at other vendor software. It of course depends on the needs of that business. I think it’s a good product it has its problems because the software is made to fit across many organizations as Oracle tries to make it fit across many industries. However, I definitely enjoy working with the software as I have been working with them for so long.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About PeopleSoft?

Our experts can help. 233,024 professionals have used our research on 5,881 solutions.