PeopleSoft Review

Valuable Features

The fact that it's an all-enterprise solution is the most valuable feature to me. It's fully integrated with our HR and finance departments and works well throughout our campus infrastructure.

Improvements to My Organization

We're able to get great support and the latest updates that are convenient. I know much larger shops running PeopleSoft, which is great because we're a small shop and we're able to handle the ERP system as well.

Room for Improvement

I think that Oracle is making a lot of improvements right now with fluid implementation, new tools in the release of 8.5.5 and version 9.2, and the fluid interface. We just need to upgrade to the latest version. But in terms of what I'd like to see, I think it needs better integration with other parties. Right now, it's limited only to partners and it needs to integrate other technologies.

Use of Solution

I transferred to the college eight years ago, but they've been live for 15 years. However, I did have the opportunity to implement PeopleSoft from our previous job and it's been good.

We've had no issues with deployment.

We're pretty stable. Very seldom do we have production errors.

What we have scales pretty well.

Technical support is very responsive. It's pretty much how you create the ticket. If I contact them when I need immediate help, they pretty much respond right away.

The initial setup was straightforward for us.

Other Advice

The way they've been supporting us, the way they've been upgrading the technology, I think it's great. There's only a few ERP as far as campus solutions go out there, and they're probably the best one.