PeopleSoft Review

It provides an enterprise solution where all the reporting is in our own centralized system.

Valuable Features

Having a complete enterprise solution where all the reporting is in our own centralized system is great. Also, having capabilities for analytics and reporting needs is highly valuable for us.

Improvements to My Organization

It's improved or functioning as we went from a mainframe legacy system to an ERP solution, so it's just a whole different world. It's like comparing apples and oranges, as the benefits are all over the place because we didn't have the capabilities that we have now. It did take getting used to, but we're in a much better place.

Room for Improvement

It needs more reconciliation between the modules.

We've had no issues with deployment.

It is a stable product, and we have had no issues with instability.

It has scaled well for our needs.

We've opened tickets and the IT side handles that as I'm more on the functional side. We send the request to IT and they opened up the tickets, but the turnaround time is a little long.

It was a complex setup. There were a lot of man hours involved as it was a big project.

Implementation Team

We implemented it with our in-house team.

Other Solutions Considered

No, we did a pilot program ten years ago and we already had the licenses and infrastructure in place for it.

Other Advice

Setup and configuration is key. It takes a lot. It depends on where you come from, though. If you're coming from another software that integrates, it's an easy implementation, but if you're coming from a thirty-year-old mainframe system, you're going to have some tough times ahead.