PeopleSoft Review

It provides me the right fields and gives me some predictive information as well. the report fields are mostly US centric, and do not support other regions.

What is most valuable?

The user interface that I use is very intuitive, it’s to the point of what I want to use it for. For what I have, it provides me the right fields and gives me some predictive information as well, which helps in my day to day job.

How has it helped my organization?

There's a feed that comes up from Twitter and the social forums that helps me make myself available to customers, and then searching digitally into the Google and so on. That's pretty informative when I log in for my day-to-day work. That's a very welcoming feature.

What needs improvement?

If they could provide reports for various organizations, especially global ones. Currently, the report fields are mostly US centric, and do not support other regions. That would be a nice feature to add. I think I’m looking for more data validitation.

I am a user. From my perspective, as long as it is running on weekdays, it's fine. So far, I think my company is doing a good job in keeping it up and running.

My organization is actually growing at 20% YOY for the last 16 years. Over that time, it means a lot of new sales people are being added to the system. I haven't seen any change in responsiveness or change in the performance. The stability's in place without any impact to the performance.

I can contact the service desk, which is run globally, over the phone or via the ticketing tool and then they can look into the technical issues. If I have questions about the navigation or if there are any new features that have been rolled out, those are the guys to contact.

I'm at my current organization for the last 10 years. When I came onboard, they were using spreadsheets. There was a very good reason to avoid the manual work. Spreadsheets get lost all the time; they sit in mailboxes and pile up. I struggled with that for a couple of years before we moved to a nice product and that really helped. There was an urgent need. I think that need has been largely met. I'm not saying that it's the best product on the market, but it's still doing good, to me.

As I'm a user, I remember providing my input on what do I want to see in the product. That happens at the start of launching the product, as well as when the new roll out happens or the planning happens. In that sense, I'm involved in terms of the configuration, layout of the fields, providing user feedback. All of that has been taken into account.

As I’ve mentioned, I was involved in terms of providing end user feedback and rating the products. I think we looked at three or four products. Some were boutique and some were large ones, the Oracles and the SAPs of the world. After a proper, objective evaluation exercise, we went with PeopleSoft.

What other advice do I have?

I think the evaluation criteria that we used was pretty good. If I had a colleague that was looking at this kind of solution, I would provide them information about what I’ve learned from the product evaluation exercise, the product and the option exercise, in terms of the importance of reinforcing the training element, so they can use it correctly and so on. Hopefully, a new user would gain perspective from that.

When I’m looking at a vendor such as Oracle, I think it's important to be in sync with the latest trends in the market, especially in the CRM area. There's an on-the-cloud feature, so say that causes a big thing in the market about that and there's a heavy customer option on it. I'm really hoping that they can catch up on the trend. As a user, I have a lot of familiarity with the existing product. I don't want to unlearn and relearn a new product. That's the main thing.

I'm a happy user. My rating reflects that I think there's always area for improvement. With the new tech plans and so on, there are quite a few things that PeopleSoft or Oracle can do with the product.