PeopleSoft Review

It’s highly configurable. Customization causes problems during upgrades.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the CRM part of it is its configurability; it’s highly configurable.

How has it helped my organization?

We're able to do far better data collection using CRM; far better than anything we had in the past. We're able to serve our customers way better. We serve many, many doctors across Canada. We can actually help them more by collecting all the data; what they do, whatever their needs are, what they're asking about.

What needs improvement?

The problem we have is the customization. We've gone a bit overboard with customization. That’s problematic during upgrades, which is a common problem with PeopleSoft. That's why our company is deciding to replace it. We’re in the phase of looking for something else. We don't know yet what will replace it, but it'll be in the cloud. That's the only criteria we have so far. It will be some software that should not be customizable. We also don't want to do any upgrades; we want it to be continuous.

Stability is fine; no downtime or hangups, whatsoever.

It has scaled well for our needs.

I am not happy with technical support. I recently opened up a ticket, three weeks ago, to ask about one particular type in PeopleSoft. The only thing that came back was more and more questions: "Give me screenshots. Give me this. Give me that. Give me a log." Literally, it just went on and on, until I gave up. Now, we're going to replace it anyway, so it doesn't matter. It's become a moot point, but that was very typical; continuously asking more and more questions until you get tired of it.

Initial setup was complex, mainly due to the needs of our business process. We had IBM as a consulting firm joining us and helping us install it, with an army of people.

What other advice do I have?

Don't customize it; absolutely, do not customize it. Change your business process to suit the software’s needs. Don't modify the software.

More PeopleSoft reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle HCM Cloud
Learn what your peers think about PeopleSoft. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.