PeopleSoft Review

Its flexibility in configuration is its most valuable feature

What is most valuable?

Flexibility in configuration.

How has it helped my organization?

I have used this product at two state universities and at a private, for-profit company. It continues to amaze me at how everyone administers something like benefits and how differently the system is modified to conform to the ‘company’s’ way of doing business instead of ‘rethinking’ procedures and using delivered functionality.

What needs improvement?

Oracle is always working with its customers by using focus groups to improve the product. I think this works well.

I started using PeopleSoft in an IT support role with Peoplesoft 7.5 when the product was client-based before moving to 8.9 on the Internet about 18 years ago.

Not applicable.

The technical support is good.

Not applicable.

Initial setup can be complex without training or use of consultants. However, once you have invested in training, the setup can be straightforward with the use of consultants. I definitely think you need to have a company ‘expert’ in every module who knows the policy and procedures and is able to ‘think’ in both a functional and technical mode to work with consultants.

Not applicable.

What other advice do I have?

Research all possible options and ask plenty of questions as well as visiting one or two sites where the product has been installed and talk to users. Become part of the networking group.

More PeopleSoft reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle HCM Cloud
Learn what your peers think about PeopleSoft. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.