PeopleSoft Review
Its flexibility in configuration is its most valuable feature

Valuable Features

Flexibility in configuration.

Improvements to My Organization

I have used this product at two state universities and at a private, for-profit company. It continues to amaze me at how everyone administers something like benefits and how differently the system is modified to conform to the ‘company’s’ way of doing business instead of ‘rethinking’ procedures and using delivered functionality.

Room for Improvement

Oracle is always working with its customers by using focus groups to improve the product. I think this works well.

Use of Solution

I started using PeopleSoft in an IT support role with Peoplesoft 7.5 when the product was client-based before moving to 8.9 on the Internet about 18 years ago.

Not applicable.

The technical support is good.

Not applicable.

Initial setup can be complex without training or use of consultants. However, once you have invested in training, the setup can be straightforward with the use of consultants. I definitely think you need to have a company ‘expert’ in every module who knows the policy and procedures and is able to ‘think’ in both a functional and technical mode to work with consultants.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Other Solutions Considered

Not applicable.

Other Advice

Research all possible options and ask plenty of questions as well as visiting one or two sites where the product has been installed and talk to users. Become part of the networking group.