Peplink SpeedFusion Review

It allowed us to move away from IPsec between the sites and provided the high availability

What is our primary use case?

We're implementing this solution on all our sites. Basically, we want to utilize both ISPs that we have. In the past, we've only used active standby. Whenever we have outages, we want it to be seamless to be able to use the other connection with the other one being down.

We have two different models that we use. For the offices, we use Balance 380, and for our data center, we use Balance 710. We also have a fusion hub installed in the cloud for Azure and AWS.

Right now, it is sitting in front of our firewalls. All of our sites have dual ISPs. So, we are load balancing the internet traffic, and we are using SpeedFusion between the sites.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed us to be able to use both ISP connections at pretty much double the bandwidth. It also provided us the high availability. If one ISP goes down, it is usually transparent, so the users don't notice.

What is most valuable?

The SpeedFusion feature is good. It allowed us to move away from IPsec between the sites. It is also a really easy product to deploy.

What needs improvement?

Their hardware support isn't the greatest. We've had one unit go down, and it took a while for them to replace it. It was in the Caribbeans, so it might be a location-related issue.

I have been using this solution for a year or so.

It is not bad.

I can't really answer that. We do have multiple sites, but we have devices at each site, and I don't see any problems adding more sites to it. Our deployment is not too complicated, basically just combining the ISPs and using Speedfusion. Through our sites, we have about 300 to 400 users.

We have two sites left on which we would like to implement the Peplinks, and we've already migrated all of our other sites.

Their support has been okay. It's just the hardware support that needs to be better. It took a while for them to replace a unit.

This is our first SD-WAN type solution.

It is fairly easy to set up. Our first deployment took about two months from purchase to implementation. We had to reconfigure the firewall so that the Peplinks sit in front of it, and we moved the IPsec connections from the firewall to the Peplinks to handle IPsec, and then we enabled the load balancing and SpeedFusion.

We just use Google and their support pages. We currently have a team of seven for its deployment and maintenance.

The return on investment is having gained the additional bandwidth without having more expenses because we were already paying for them anyway. We pretty much cut it in half if we were to double it.

Its licensing fee is on a yearly basis. For the price, it is actually pretty good value.

What other advice do I have?

It is probably one of the better values out there as compared to the other solutions. Although we haven't evaluated the other ones, the cost itself is what drove us to the solution. So far, we're happy with it.

I would rate Peplink SpeedFusion an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Peplink, Fortinet, VMware and others in Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) Solutions. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.