Perceptive Software ImageNow Review

With workflows, a group of people can be working on appeals and forward them all to one queue.

What is most valuable?

I like the ability to have workflows. A group of people can be working on appeals and forward them all to one queue. That’s a great feature.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to get rid of almost all paper forms.

What needs improvement?

I’ve been using the Web version the past year due to moving to a laptop as my primary computer. No one can seem to figure out how to print into WebNow, even though the Capture option is still there. I still plan to figure that out on my own.

When a user has the Perceptive Software License on their computer, they are able to print PDF documents directly into ImageNow (File, Print, ImageNow is an option along with PDF, printer, etc.). From my understanding, ImageNow licenses are not compatible with laptop computers (at least not with the one that I have). Therefore, if I have a PDF on my screen, in order to get it into ImageNow, I have to either email it to someone with a license, who can print directly to ImageNow, or print it out and have someone at a scanning station, scan it in and then link it to a student’s record.

I have been using ImageNow for 3 years.

I do not know of any stability issues.

I refer to the office of IT at my institution if I have any issues with it.

I have never used a different imaging system.

What other advice do I have?

As an end user, I like it. I’ve known of some implementation issues, but not sure exactly what they were.