Performance Center Review

It was fairly straightforward to setup, although determining how many servers were needed to host the application took some time to suss out.

Valuable Features

The ability to monitor and restart load testing components remotely, and the scheduling feature.

Improvements to My Organization

Prior to upgrading to Performance Center, my organization used a shared spreadsheet to schedule or reserve resources such as load generators or controllers. The built-in feature of Performance Center that does this, has made allocation of resources much, much easier.

Room for Improvement

Browser compatibility. IE is no longer the only browser out there, so providing users the choice of what browser to use would be great!

Use of Solution

I've used it for approximately one year.

No issues encountered.

7/10 HP support is getting better. Response times from support engineers are pretty good when using the online ticket system. The Knowledge Base still needs work: searches return far too many results, and their support site’s filtering or employment of key words or phrases seems ineffectual.

We previously used HP LoadRunner. Choosing Performance Center was an obvious upgrade for us. We also use other HP products such as UFT and Quality Center, so maintaining the cohesive environment made sense.

It was fairly straightforward, but determining how many servers were needed to host the application took some time to suss out. Performance Center is a resource-intensive app with many “moving parts” or components to consider.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house with the help of a consultant.