Perimeter 81 Review

Affordable, secure, and allows me to manage all user access in one platform

What is our primary use case?

We are using Perimeter 81 for secure network connections while working remotely.

As my entire team is working remotely, we were looking for a simple and secure remote access solution and we went with Perimeter 81. So far, we have been super happy with Perimeter 81’s affordable and simple to manage solution.

We initially started to use Perimeter 81 for their networking features but recently we integrated their split-tunneling feature and their simple Google Authenticator two-factor authentication integration. Both features have been game-changers for us.

How has it helped my organization?

Simply, Perimeter 81 has allowed me to easily manage all our user access to my company’s networks in one platform.

Additionally, my employees can quickly connect to a reliable and more secure network connection while working outside the office. Instead of manually connecting to a VPN, all of my employees are automatically connected to Perimeter 81 when they open their computer or other company devices.

Since implementing Perimeter 81 we are seeing an increase in network performance and employee productivity.

What is most valuable?

Their split tunneling feature has been very valuable to our company since implementing the Perimeter 81 solution.

We were able to configure tunnels to our IP addresses for specific user access, including application access to any devices no matter their location. This has helped me make sure the right users are getting the right access to their work resources to do their daily job.

Also, I am very happy with their MFA feature. It was very easy to integrate with our two-factor authentication and simplified the authorization process for all of our employees to gain network access.

What needs improvement?

I would suggest adding more networking and security features that allow more customization within their platform.

So far, I am very happy with their simple network management platform. However, I feel such features as SD-WAN, Firewalls, and more real-time alerts would take this solution to the next level. By adding these networking and security features, it will allow me to customize my company's network security to the level I am seeking.

I have been using Perimeter 81 for three months.

We did not use another solution prior to Perimeter 81.

Overall I am very happy with the solution’s flexibility and pricing. Very fair dissolution for the price I am paying.