pfSense Review

Offers a nice interface and good technical support and has a nice load balancer

What is our primary use case?

Typically, we implement this solution on an enterprise-level for our clients and set it up for them as required.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers good value.

The captive portal on the product is excellent.

The solution has a very nice load balancer.

It's a good solution for end-users. It's pretty easy to work with.

The user interface is very nice. It's easy to navigate around the solution.

Technical support is very helpful.

What needs improvement?

The solution could use better reporting. They need to offer more of it in general. Right now, the graphics aren't the best. If you need to provide a report to a manager, for example, it doesn't look great. They need to make it easier to understand and give users the ability to customize them.

I've been working with the solution for enterprise-level organizations for four or five years at this point.

Our clients use the solution across 100-200 computers. Some of the implementations are sizeable.

I've dealt with technical support in the past and have found them to be helpful and responsive. we have been satisfied so far with the level of support provided. They are easy to work with.

We implement the solution for our clients, so we have a good sense of what is expected.

As an implementer, our company can handle the initial setup for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

We implement the solution for our clients. I've personally implemented the solution on five projects so far.

We work with the latest version of the solution, typically.

Our companies are typically mid-level enterprises.

This product is the very best. Overall, I would give it a rating of ten out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementer
More pfSense reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiGate
Learn what your peers think about pfSense. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.