pfSense Review
Having a customizable, large dashboard would be good, however, it is very straightforward for a beginner to set up.

Valuable Features:

• Load balancing multi-WAN (High latency)
  • Queues with CBQ algorithm
  • Traffic shaper (limiter)
  • Aliases for grouping anything
  • VPN (OpenVPN)
  • DHCP server (with ARP reservation)
  • DNS forwarder
  • Firewall
  • Graphs for monitoring
  • NAT

Improvements to My Organization:

Before using pfSense:

• I always had problems with internet connection for users
  • I had no idea what users were downloading and, therefore, what was killing the internet connection
  • I did not have not statistics on the quality and stability of the internet
  • To get a VPN I had use a pay software that offered lower performance than I have now

Room for Improvement:

I always need to open different graphs on different windows of the web browser to have an overview,  Therefore, it would be good, if it is possible, to have a customizable, large dashboard.  At the moment though, the others options are good because I am a beginner with the pfSense.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for six months.

Deployment Issues:

No issues encountered.

Stability Issues:

There was an issue with the Layer 7 filters on an old PC.

Scalability Issues:

No issues encountered.

Previous Solutions:

No previous solution was used.

Initial Setup:

It's very straightforward, even for beginners.  There is documentation and different tutorials and videos available in different languages.

Implementation Team:

I implemented it myself.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

The only cost to set up is the hardware for a standard PC and any ethernet card extensions.

Other Solutions Considered:

No, as I asked a friend they told me to get pfSense without doing other research.

Other Advice:

Don't install pfSense on a machine with only the minimal recommended hardware configuration, but on a better machine.