pfSense Review

Remote users may access it on a local network via VPN but an improvement can be made to the user friendliness of the interface.

Valuable Features

• Firewall
  • DHCP
  • VPN

Improvements to My Organization

The organization relies on pfSense for DHCP, and remote users may access it on a local network via VPN.

Room for Improvement

I was satisfied with the overall features of the product, considering the limited capacity of our hardware at the time. It's probable that an improvement can be made to the user friendliness of the interface.

Use of Solution

I've used it for over three years.

I believe that the issue of stability that we encountered was linked to our hardware limitation. For example, we would need to soft reboot the system manually after a power failure to get the DHCP functioning again.

This is linked to our hardware limitation as well, however it has been working fine for company with 30-40 users.

8/10.

9/10,

It was done by external technical support.

Implementation Team

It was implemented by a vendor who were 10/10.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I don't know the setup costs but the day-to-day maintenance is done by myself, and I occasionally need to engage the vendor for technical issues.

Other Advice

pfSense is good for a company that is looking for a solution with a reasonable cost for implementation.

2.0.1
More pfSense reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Sophos XG
Learn what your peers think about pfSense. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.