pfSense Review
It's simple and easy to understand to begin using.

Valuable Features:

It's easy to access and configure in general.  As for features, the firewall and security  options were valuable.  These are valuable because I like simple things that are easy to work with, as too much difficulty or too much constraint is not good, and boring.

Improvements to My Organization:

It provided us with better security.

Use of Solution:

I used it for two months.

Deployment Issues:

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

There were no issues during the time I used it.

It was straightforward because it's simple and easy to understand to begin using.

Implementation Team:

We used a vendor team who had a good amount of knowledge,

1 Comment

NetworkEng896Real User

I find PfSense to be just what it claims to be. An enterprise class firewall for the world to enjoy for free! It has all the features and none of the costs. If you understand network engineering concepts, PfSense is your "Swiss-Army-Knife"
Need a firewall? PfSense
Need to do static routing? PfSense
Need to route with RIPv2, RIPng, BGP or OSPF? PfSense
Need VPNs? PfSense Yes that includes GRE tunnels over IPSEC
Need Dynamic DNS Clients? PfSense
Need enhanced object tracking for static routing? PfSense
Need multiple WAN connections load balanced? PfSense
Need traffic shaping? PfSense
Need a proxy server? PfSense
Need IDS? PfSense... install the snort package

I've only listed a few of the things it can do. It's been my home router firewall for 10 years.
I recommend it to SOHO owners and home IT enthusiasts alike whom are on a tight budget. It's got a great interface and it's rock stable. It'll run like a dream on an Intel P3 Processor with 640 Megabytes of RAM installed. It works great on a multitude of used / outdated hardware and offers paid support if you can't do the research/reading yourself. What else could you possibly ask for?

05 June 15