PGi GlobalMeet Review

Valuable Features

I regularly use GlobalMeet Audio for my audio conferencing. Unlike other conferencing services, we've never had any issues with not being able to dial-in or sudden drop-outs when using GlobalMeet Audio. I especially like that after a call ends I'll receive an automatic email from the system giving me the phone #s of those that joined and how long each line was connected.

Improvements to My Organization

The most noticeable area of improvement is overall efficiency. We don't have any trouble dial-in or with audio so it never slows us down or distracts us for any amount of time.

Room for Improvement

None that I can think of. We've been happy with the product as is and have never had to reach out to our account manager to request any featured that we felt were missing or deficient.

Use of Solution

I don't recall exactly how long we've been using the product but it's been about 7+ years.

No, it's quick and simple to get started. Most of the team relies on using the same dedicated conference line for all our meetings and we start to learn the dial-ins by heart. Since they remain consistent there's no need to rely on typing in the dial-in and passcode from your phone or calendar invite every time.

No, quite the opposite actually. This has been the most stable audio conferencing service we've used compared to other competitors we've used. FreeConferenceCall.com for example has been the most unreliable because sometimes you'll have to enter the dial-in multiple times or the audio quality is poor. I don't recall any issues with GlobalMeet ever delaying or preventing us from meeting.

No. It's quick to setup additional lines for other users even though there can be a cost involved. We've found it helpful to have a handful of dedicated conference lines for heavy users so they can repeatedly use the same line for multiple calls throughout the day.

I have rarely had to work with customer service because the product has been reliable. However, based on the type of marketing emails and overall professionalism I've received while working with our account manager I believe their customer service would be responsive and helpful as well.

I don't recall ever needing to work with technical support because the product has been reliable. When we've had minor technical questions we've reached out to our account manager and they have been able to quickly respond. If there were any more advanced questions I believe they would escalate our issues to their technical support team but that has not occurred to date.

We've been using GlobalMeet Audio for long enough now that I don't recall what other options we used prior to working with them. I know other teams within our organization have worked with FreeConferenceCall.com with limited success which is part of what has lead us to expand our relationship with GlobalMeet and PGi.

The initial setup was a straightforward as can be. Minimal training was needed. It's helpful to learn a few shortcuts to mute/unmute all lines and that has been sufficient enough for our needs.

Implementation Team

We were assigned an account manager from PGi and almost all of our setup and training has been accomplished by them. We did not work with any vendor other than directly with PGi.

ROI

It's hard to say. There are free audio conferencing services out there but we've found that you get what you pay for and while sometimes they'll work for small groups, they don't scale well and can have issues with a larger number of participants. I believe that the nominal additional cost for GlobalMeet is outweighed by having a reliable conferencing system that never embarrasses the organization with technical issues.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I would find a small plan that is slightly above your current needs. We found that once we began using the service that others adopted it quickly and availability became more limited. It's been quick and simple to expand our commitment though.

Other Solutions Considered

We did not evaluate any other paid options before going with PGi. We had previously used some free options like Skype and FreeConferenceCall.com with varied success. Skype was a more reliable, and potentially free, product compared to FreeConferenceCall.com which is not reliable in our experience.

Other Advice

No, none at this time. Give it a try with a demo and see what you think. I believe that most will find it to be a good solution with reliable results. The products seem to be updated and maintained regularly to keep them competitive.