Ping Identity Review

Enables me to securely connect to my enterprises or mobile device from anywhere

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for mobile one-time passwords and identity solution. Multi-factor authentification.

How has it helped my organization?

It gets a mobility portal in place in conjunction with Office 365. It provides very good possibilities and it's much better than other technology that we have used before which was unstable and slower.

What is most valuable?

Multi-factor authentification is the feature that is the most valuable because it allows me to securely connect to my enterprises or mobile device from anywhere.

What needs improvement?

They should promote more buyer's authentification, like a fingerprint or face recognition, something that's more convenient.

They could use some bio-certification. It's just more user-friendly and more convenient than entering the one time passes. That would be an improvement.

Less than one year.

It is stable.

It is scalable because now there are several thousand users already using it in our company. We have around 5,000 users using this solution.

We switched to Ping because it's more stable. It supports many platforms and devices for example, three devices are included in the license. In one instance I can use the laptop for example, mobile, and the iPad.

The initial setup was very easy. It took five minutes including downloading from the Google App store. You link it with your code and that's it.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise focussing on one solution because we do not use other solutions. This solution has functionalities that are enough so I would recommend to focus on one, and not try to integrate other solutions because it increases cost.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

1 Comment
Courtney ChenaultReal User

Hey there Roman, thanks for writing this review! Just wanted to let you know that you absolutely can use fingerprint/FaceID instead of OTP for MFA - just talk with your company's administrator and ask them to turn on that factor :) PingID is also FIDO2 compliant so you could leverage any FIDO2 device if desired. Thanks and take care!

15 August 19