Ping Identity Review

A very sound product that's stable and offers good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as software for some of the applications.

How has it helped my organization?

The main reason why we use this product is to make sure that we can use our corporate account to log on to applications in the cloud. From that perspective, it helps us in our account life-cycle management. If somebody is leaving the company, for example, that account will be automatically deleted, which saves time.

What is most valuable?

The soundness of the solution is its most valuable feature. For example, if you are in our corporate network, you can log on without any traffic interfering.

What needs improvement?

If the solution is going to compete with Microsoft, they need to offer more unique functionality to keep their current user base.

The administrative aspects of the solution could be more granular.

I've been using the solution since 2015.

The solution is stable. The main thing we had in the past was data center issues before we migrated to MES, but the product itself is very stable.

The scalability of the product could be improved, especially in terms of configuration. We have about 140,000 users on the solution. Everyone in the company is currently using it.

Technical support is good. There has been no negative feedback from my team.

We previously used a solution called Sidewinder. We switched because we felt this solution was technically better.

The solution's initial setup has a moderate level of difficulty. Coming from another solution, we had a bit of a challenge making applications compatible. Full deployment took one year as we had to migrate our many applications.

We managed the setup ourselves, with the assistance of a system integrator. They were very helpful and did a good job.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

I'd warn that a company integrating the solution should keep in mind that if they have a lot of applications, the implementation will get complex.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.