Pinpointe Review

What is most valuable?

The analytics were the most valuable part, although they returned a lot of false positives from the remote configurations of email servers we hit. Once I discovered this, it led to a loss of confidence and the need for manual double checking of the analytics, which was time consuming.

How has it helped my organization?

There was none when compared to similar products that offer a mass emailing service.

What needs improvement?

It was not particularly user friendly in setting up the emails, managing the lists, or publishing reports. It also sent out a couple of  emails between November and December twice. I don't know how you'd deal with the false positives thing, but certainly sending out emails more than once should be fixable, and a really good team of UI guys could probably make some headway with the difficulty in actually publishing reports and the like.

I last used it in December of 2014, and I had been using it for about a year before then.

The double emailing issues.

It seemed to scale ok.

It wasn't great, nor was it terrible. Another person dealt with customer service, and mostly she was annoyed how long it sometimes took to get hold of people.

While I didn't use one previously, we did switch to MailChimp afterwards, which seemed to offer all of the same analytics with an extremely good and intuitive UI.

I don't think we got our investment back.

What other advice do I have?

Ask them if they've fixed the problems I've encountered, and also if they have realized that they don't have a very user friendly system.