Pivotal Cloud Foundry Review

Open-source makes it cost-effective, but the interface needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider the Pivotal Cloud Foundry is one of the products that we implement for our clients. We help our clients choose solutions that fit their requirements and then we assist with implementation.

What is most valuable?

People like Pivotal Cloud Foundry because it is open-source and it is a cloud-based application.

What needs improvement?

The user interface should be simpler to navigate because it t can take time for users to learn it. They can refer to the documentation and YouTube videos, but the navigation is still a concern.

It would be great if the setup and deployment were easier to do.

I would like to see the vendor create hands-on labs that help to give the user experience with the look and feel of the software. This would help them to better navigate the interface when it comes to configuration, management, integrating it with different cloud platforms, and using it.

We have been working with Pivotal Cloud Foundry for about one year.

Stability is not a concern with this product. It is pretty much stable.

This solution is scalable. It is suitable for companies of varying sizes and requirements.

Our company and team have a great deal of experience, so we do not have to contact support.

The initial setup is a little complex compared to other products.

Many of our deployments are hybrid because our clients do not want to lose their existing infrastructure. On average, it takes one and a half to two hours to deploy, depending on how much troubleshooting we have to do.

We deploy this solution for our clients and sometimes we also manage it.

What other advice do I have?

When we are working with our clients, we start with gathering the requirements and then create a proof of concept. Because we are meeting the requirements, our clients do not complain about this solution.

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to first go through the documentation or do a hands-on lab to learn about the product.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud