VMware Tanzu Greenplum Review

MPP architecture is important to process data in such volume.​ Better integration with big data tech stack is needed.

What is most valuable?

MPP (Massive Parallel Processing); processing large amount of data.

How has it helped my organization?

We process billions of rows of data every hour; MPP architecture is important to process data in such volume.

What needs improvement?

• Better integration with big data tech stack
  • Scalability: for example, system schema (pg_catalog) is one bottleneck for scalability

I've used it for four to five years.

The system has some bottleneck, like system schema; some commands (batch loading) is bottlenecked by master DB architecture

It's very poor.

It's very poor.

Used Greenplum originally. We have evaluated other products; the final decision is based on ROI

Products was installed by vendor; all ETL scripts and schema are designed and implemented in-house.

The product was installed by vendor; all ETL scripts and schema are designed and implemented in-house.

Greenplum has an open source version now.

What other advice do I have?

Scalability is one major concern; once data reach certain level; the performance is dropped and much more issues will be triggered, like disk error; out of memory; etc. Be sure that you proper scope your need (including growth) before the decision of system and its size.

4.2.7
More VMware Tanzu Greenplum reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about VMware, Apache, Micro Focus and others in Data Warehouse. Updated: June 2021.
510,534 professionals have used our research since 2012.