VMware Tanzu Greenplum Review

MPP architecture is important to process data in such volume.​ Better integration with big data tech stack is needed.

What is most valuable?

MPP (Massive Parallel Processing); processing large amount of data.

How has it helped my organization?

We process billions of rows of data every hour; MPP architecture is important to process data in such volume.

What needs improvement?

• Better integration with big data tech stack
  • Scalability: for example, system schema (pg_catalog) is one bottleneck for scalability

I've used it for four to five years.

The system has some bottleneck, like system schema; some commands (batch loading) is bottlenecked by master DB architecture

It's very poor.

It's very poor.

Used Greenplum originally. We have evaluated other products; the final decision is based on ROI

Products was installed by vendor; all ETL scripts and schema are designed and implemented in-house.

The product was installed by vendor; all ETL scripts and schema are designed and implemented in-house.

Greenplum has an open source version now.

What other advice do I have?

Scalability is one major concern; once data reach certain level; the performance is dropped and much more issues will be triggered, like disk error; out of memory; etc. Be sure that you proper scope your need (including growth) before the decision of system and its size.

More VMware Tanzu Greenplum reviews from users