Planview Enterprise One Review

We have a fairly good picture of time tracking

What is our primary use case?

It's our primary PPM tool. All of the projects across the enterprise are being managed through Enterprise One.

We've been on version 13 for two years now. Prior to that, we were on earlier versions of Planview going back to 2009. So, we've been on Planview for 10 years.

How has it helped my organization?

We have the flexibility to choose not to use things that would be really beneficial. Unfortunately, my predecessors made that choice, multiple times, so I'm trying to undo that.

One of the things that I hope to do, because we have to upgrade soon, is spend time putting together the business benefits of using some modules and pieces of the tool that we don't currently use.

We have a fairly good picture of time tracking. So, it's helping us get there.

What is most valuable?

As a user, I really liked the ease of the status reporting and the one stop shop of everything being in one location.

What needs improvement?

There's still a lot of reluctance within the organization. We're not using all of the capabilities that we have today. We're still doing our strategic and capital investment planning on spreadsheets rather than using the capabilities that exist within Enterprise One. I definitely need to leverage the experts here at Planview to help drive a culture change. There's just a lot of reluctance on behalf of people within the company to put data into the tool.

We have some transparency in where people are spending their time, but we haven't done a good job of resource management in the sense of predicting demand. We have a lot of opportunity there to improve.

I have been using it since the start. It is only in the last year that I have been involved in managing the application.

It is stable.

It is scalable. It should growth with us.

To the degree that we've needed it, the solution has been very helpful.

Part of the struggle that we've had over the past year has been a 100 percent turnover on our team. Everyone on the Planview admin team today has been in the job for less than two years. So, we don't have the depth and breadth of knowledge and experience as an admin on the tool that other companies have. We're still learning. We don't know what we don't know.

It has been a struggle to make even simple changes because we have to go through statements of work to get the assistance that we need along with all of the legal hurdles and financial issues that those involve.

We were previously using PAC. The move away from PAC to Planview was based on our ownership by Royal Bank of Scotland at the time. They were using Planview, so we moved to Planview.

Our prior PPM tool was a little clunkier and harder to navigate. So, ease of use has been a strong suit here. But as we now look to expand and start using some of the other tools that Planview provides. the integration of the suite is going to be a strong sell point for us.

The last version upgrade that we did from 10 to 13 was complex because we were moving to a cloud platform from a locally hosted platforms. So, there were all of those issues. There was a significant amount of testing. However, we also had an organizational change, which changed the management of the group which was doing that application enhancement. Therefore, we had that complexity. Now that we're on the cloud, it should be pretty straightforward.

We have seen time saved but I can't quantify it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the product as an eight (out of 10). This is based really on what I've learned the product can do, not on how we're using it.

Private Cloud