Planview Enterprise One Review

Brings transparency to our projects. The UI should be less technical and focused more on open users.

What is our primary use case?

The primary use cases are soft management and work management. We are expanding at the moment to outcome management and strategy management as well as ICP planning. Next year, we will expand to CTM.

How has it helped my organization?

When I started in the group on the German side, we could only have aliases as resources. Now, we are able to have named resources through the agreement, and pulled from the worker's council, for example.

We have more stability in the data. Our group has plenty of portrait data now, as we are part of the source of the tools for portrait data.

Planview has helped connect funding and strategic outcomes with work execution. We started to have strategic planning inside going then down to the outcomes. Out of the outcomes, we will try to wait on the projects and other teams, then growing slowly to link it.

It brings transparency to our projects.

What is most valuable?

I like the Excel interfaces that we have and use it for.

It gives us the vast ability to churn out-of-the-box reports and have an overview about approach rates and resource utilization.

The product is flexible. E.g., the work infrastructure is easy to adjust. Some other structures are really easy to configure, adjust to our behavior, and adjust to our processes.

What needs improvement?

Overall, the UI needs improvement. The UI should have more possibilities for users who are not specialized in using Planview. At the moment, it is more of a technical UI. I would like it to be an open user UI.

improvement is needed on several modules, like resource management and outcome management.

Two years.

The product can grow with us. We can add more users.

The customer support center is really valuable. I have had a lot of email discussions and talks with them. We have found several solutions. Sometimes, it ends in an enhancement request.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We plan to upgrade to version 18 next year.

We did an assessment of several companies.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the product as a seven out of 10.