Planview PPM Pro Review

Brings visibility into our resource utilization and project status with clients

What is our primary use case?

We provide IT services to organizations. We manage all our customer delivery projects with the tool.

We are using the latest version of the solution.

How has it helped my organization?

Before, we didn't have any visibility into the actual task. Now, we have fact tasks and time-on-task, which are very specific to the engineers. We can now look at a task, see what they have done, and what notes are around that task.

We had a strategy, and it just helped us meet it.

With our delivery, our clients can have visibility into what they are doing. It keeps the client updated on where we are at. Before, we would just hold status meetings and do notes. Now, in the status meetings, we bring up exactly what's been done and the client can see it right upfront.

The biggest impact has been the visibility that goes with getting into our task or work.

What is most valuable?

Flexibility is the most valuable feature of the solution. We're able to do a lot of integrations with ConnectWise, which is another IT services tool that we use. So, we can integrate with that, and it's pretty flexible. We just went live a couple of weeks ago, but already we're able to bring visibility into our resource utilization and project status with clients.

This system is fairly adaptable.

What needs improvement?

The biggest things are the status notes and internal notes. They have made some great improvements these past couple of weeks, but they are still lacking a bit. There are still a little kludgy. It just needs to be a bit more straightforward with notes, copying and pasting. They've made huge improvements, but it still could do some work. E.g., for some reason, the formatting is still looking a little bit weird on selecting different fonts.

We went live a couple of weeks ago.

It is very stable. I haven't had issues with stability at all.

It can grow if we need it to.

The technical support is excellent. They are knowledgeable and quick to resolve issues. The only issue I have is with offshore support: The time difference is a pain. Other than that, everyone knows what they're doing. They are friendly and helpful.

They support you and will be there at every turn. They have very technically competent people who understand the processes.

Matt (account manager), Daryl (integration), and Lena (customer success manager) have been a big help to us.

No one knew what was going on and projects weren't getting completed.

The system itself was straightforward. Our needs were complex. We did an integration with another tool ConnectWise. It is a pretty complex integration. Our requirements made it complex, but the system is straightforward. The consultants helped us with the integration. From start to finish, it took us about eight months.

We used the Planview consultant who was great. They were helpful.

We have gotten what we are looking to achieve on the solution, but we have not yet achieve monetary ROI.

We are looking at Projectplace.

We looked at a whole list of vendors, include Project Server.

We chose Planview because of their support. Another reason was we had the ability to add notes onto time entries. We are different than a lot of their customers with billing. Our notes are how we explained to the customer what we did, and that was key.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a good nine out of 10.

We are still working on how the solution’s collaborative work management will affect our operations.

We are not yet using Projectplace.

Other