Planview Spigit Review

Quickly engages people through crowdsourcing

What is our primary use case?

We wanted to create more engagement with the floor. We did a company employee survey and one of the biggest issues that we were having was engagement.

My department does a lot of client acquisition for corporate and small businesses, and we also do account development. Once we acquire the business, we need it to grow. A lot of the feedback was they weren't a part of building products or how we do processes and redundancies. So, we wanted to use the platform to get them engaged in that process improvement and also develop newer processes and products based on different ideas and innovation.

It helps us find efficiencies and change redundancies in processes. A lot of times one of the things that the teams and us didn't like is that they had to call another department in order to be able to get information to communicate. So, there was a lot of back and forth. So it's helping and efficiencies and processes. We're taking those redundancies out, then we are better able to serve the client and change the client experience, making it more efficient, qualitative, and effective. That's one of the biggest benefits of being able to engage.

How has it helped my organization?

We just did a Shark Tank event based off our top five ideations for a challenge called "Kill a Ridiculous Rule". With those top five ideations, we were able to uncover that there are colleagues who like to be able to email clients. So, we were able to put together a campaign and templates that they can use to email. It's helped in a sense that more companies are using email, text, and different apps to communicate because it's just faster. So, is helped in a sense of efficiency for now.

The biggest impact been the engagement. We've exceeded our goals as far as participation goes. Even if we haven't had a lot of people submit ideas, we've had people participate in the voting, commenting, and supporting of their colleagues.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Spigit is the fact that we can reach so many people with crowdsourcing. We can go across departments and branches, still being engaged and doing it so quickly.

What needs improvement?

When we launched the challenge, one of the offices in the challenges was on the East Coast (Florida). We didn't know that you had to set specific times. When they went to click the button to go in, they couldn't get in. It was set up on Mountain Standard Time. That was something that would have been good to be ahead of and was our biggest issue with Spigit.

I would like more of an ability to create reporting. There are dashboards in there and they are awesome. Maybe there is probably a training class or something that they should do. I went to the Spigit training, but we didn't get into the reporting side, at least not when it came to being able to build your own reports. They showed us the reporting and where it was, but there were already dashboards built into the platform. I would like to be able to go in, create my own reporting, and take out the information and data that I feel is relevant.

I would like them to improve the ease of being able to adjust who has access to the platforming.

I'm on the newest version. I've been using it for a year now.

It's reliable. It's available. I haven't had any issues with it.

I'm really still trying to figure out when it comes to the scalability. When we first launched, we took a a spreadsheet and were able to upload all of our email addresses for the people in our department. But, as we add or hire people, it becomes now part of the onboarding process, so that can be a little redundant in the sense of scalability, by just having to make sure that's done. Because now, when we launch the next challenge, it's only going to go to those people who are already set up. So, I'm hoping that we could fix that in some sort of way to make it more efficient.

I have not used the technical support.

With my company, we have different divisions. One of our divisions is already using the platform. They saw a lot of success from it. So, my VP used to be in that division. Both my senior VP and my other VP thought it was a huge success and that the platform was worth it, so they wanted to bring it over to our division.

The initial setup wasn't complex at all once they broke it down, like what a challenge looked like. The biggest help was they have a challenge blueprint that they give you to show you the different areas that you need to be able to hit, how to hit them, and what they look like. It was easy. Once we figured out what the challenge was, you just go in and use that template. Then, you can save challenge templates in this bigger platform, so the next time you go to launch one, it's just that much easier and faster.

I was a part of the deployment process from the beginning: Setting it up, designing what the platform was going to look like, and branding it for not just our company, American Express, but also for our division/business unit of American Express. It was awesome. We had a great account executive who coached us through launching our first challenge: What it should look like, how to keep people engaged, what the communication should look like, and having sponsorship support.

Because the platform is used in another department, we have one parent. We are able to break off and do platforms for other business units under that parent.

We just implemented Spigit. We didn't even consider other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

Think about the ease of use. It's like you're having an ideation meeting or solution meeting and you can only talk to so many people at that meeting and get the information you need. With this platform, you're able to narrow that down.

When you're engaging the organization as a whole, change implementation becomes easier with this. When you use this platform, you're able to crowdsource. You get that benefit. You're also able to see what the floor is going to be willing to accept, what colleagues are willing to accept, and you're not just implementing another idea.

You're implementing an idea or process change that actually works. I would look into the ease of use and efficiency as far as how long it will take you to set up the platform and use it. Or, will it be complicated or more time consuming than just hosting a meeting with a few people? That's what you have to look into.

I would rate it a nine (out of 10).