Polarion ALM Review

Stable with a straightforward setup and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

Polarion can be used typically for application lifecycle management. Typically it's used for requirement management, test case management, and defect tracking.

What is most valuable?

The product is pretty stable.

The technical support is quite good.

The initial setup is fairly straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not easy to use.

The configuration aspect of the solution is not easy. A person needs a lot of programming knowledge in order to successfully handle the job.

The cost of the product is quite high. They should work to bring it down a bit so it's not on the higher end of the market.

We've been using the solution for almost three years at this point.

We find the product to be very stable and reliable. However, there are a few issues with the stability that can still be ironed out.

We aren't really end-users as we're more of a consulting company. However, we do plan to continue to use it in the future.

The technical support is quite good. We've never had issues with their services in the past. We've been quite satisfied with them.

We are providing services for codeBeamer for companies that need someone who has knowledge about codeBeamer and can deploy codeBeamer. We deploy PTC Integrity, Polarion, IBM, CLM, and two other products as well. We have around nine to 10 products we use as a deployment.

Typically, the installation process is quite straightforward and not too complex. However, there are instances where it can get a bit tricky.

Typically, we provide consulting for deployment. We're the consulting company that customers use when they need assistance with deployment. We do the installation for most of our customers as well as the basic configuration so that clients can be ready to use the application.

It's a pretty expensive solution. It's one of the most expensive solutions out there.

What other advice do I have?

We're a solution provider, so we don't directly use this product. We came across this product and have deployed it for our end client. We are a deployment and development partner for various clients in the automotive industry.

We have a specific partnership with the vendor in Germany. We are not directly related to Polarion. We're a service provider for their vendor.

We are using the latest version of the solution.

I'd recommend this product to other companies, of course, depending on their requirements.

Overall, I would rate it at an eight out of ten.

More Polarion ALM reviews from users
...who compared it with Jira
Find out what your peers are saying about Siemens, Atlassian, PTC and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: February 2021.
464,857 professionals have used our research since 2012.