Polarion Requirements Review

Good flexibility, good price, useful APIs, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We use it for requirements management.

What is most valuable?

Its flexibility and APIs are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Its user interface could be more user friendly. In addition, a lot of features are missing for test management. It should have the test case ordering feature.

I have been using this solution for a year and a half.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. You can add a lot of documents and the volume can be increased. We have 20 users. It has not really been adopted by the end users in our company, but this is not because of Polarion. This is related to the processes used in the company.

Technical support provided by the vendor in France was very good.

The technical setup was quite easy, but the process for setting up the required templates was complex. It took one day for us to deploy it.

It is expensive but not for what it is. It is just the right price for what it is. Its price is also similar to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Polarion should not be used for project management. It should be used for feasibility and requirement management. I would recommend to use it first to understand the features and then improve it. We wanted to improve and adapt it to our new requirements, but we never finished doing that. So, we are not able to release. It is a little bit hard to understand the features. That's why I am recommending to use it first.

I would rate Polarion Requirements an eight out of ten. It is quite a good solution.

More Polarion Requirements reviews from users
...who compared it with IBM Rational DOORS
Find out what your peers are saying about Siemens, Atlassian, IBM and others in Application Requirements Management. Updated: February 2021.
464,857 professionals have used our research since 2012.