PortSwigger Burp Suite Professional Review

Is fast, stable, and budget-friendly, but the dashboard needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use PortSwigger Burp Suite Professional for security testing and for doing vulnerability scanning mechanisms.

How has it helped my organization?

It has partially improved the organization requirement however, The scanning mechanism is pretty slow and takes long duration to scan. Moreover, The server hangs up while scanning.

What is most valuable?

This solution provides a very good mechanism for fixing interval time. For example, we can create a schedule, and the schedule runs on time. PortSwigger Burp Suite does not hamper the node of the server, and it does not shut down the server if it is running.

It is quite fast and easy to install as well.

It is also a budget-friendly tool.

What needs improvement?

The reporting needs to be improved; it is very bad.

The dashboard feature or the front-end of the tool does not look good and is not very creative or user-friendly. It looks complicated when we log in to the tool. It looks boring and outdated.

I've been using this solution within the last 12 months.

Stability-wise, improvements have been made, and it is reliable.

Technical support is not so easy to get a hold of. We had to learn most of the things through the documentation. However, the documentation is not readily available online. We have to create new calls for it, and we have to email them. So, if you have a problem, then it can take some time to resolve it.

No dint use.

The initial setup was straightforward and took about one to two weeks.

It's a budget-based tool, and it's a pretty decent budget tool for the mid-version of the application. It's a lower priced tool that we can rely on with good standard mechanisms. We have a yearly license.

Client provided product

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for a budget-friendly tool, I would recommend PortSwigger Burp Suite Professional.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this tool at seven.

More PortSwigger Burp Suite Professional reviews from users
...who compared it with OWASP Zap
Learn what your peers think about PortSwigger Burp Suite Professional. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.