PostgreSQL Review

We could improve our hardware, and we upgraded the Heroku plan as we grew.​

Valuable Features

• Easy to use
  • Vastl documentation
  • Tough product

Improvements to My Organization

We used it from scratch of the organization. It helped a lot since we could improve our hardware, and we upgraded the Heroku plan as we grew.

Room for Improvement

It could be easier to perform some fragmentation in the database. It's possible, but still a hard job.

Use of Solution

I've used it for about three years. Currently we use PostgreSQL provided by Heroku and AWS. On Heroku we use a premium 6 plan with v9.4, and on AWS RDS the version is also 9.4.

The biggest problem we found so far is not in the product exactly, it's in the service provided by Heroku. Heroku locks us in hiding some features that would make a lot easier moving to another PostgreSQL provider.

We have had no issues with the stability.

We have had no issues scaling it for our needs.

7/10

7/10

I used other solutions in other companies I've worked for before. When I arrived at my current company they were already using PostgreSQL.

I wasn't involved in the setup as it was already in place when I joined.

Implementation Team

We implemented it through a vendor as using this kind of service is easy and fast to get started. You don't need experts, and you can keep concentrating on your core business. However, when you grow the costs grow, and as in our case, it might be hard to leave the vendor.

Other Advice

It does what it's supposed to do, as simple as that. We don't regret any choosing this solution.