PostgreSQL Review

It is a tool without cost, powerful, easy to learn and with a large active community.​​

What is most valuable?

Common Table Expressions(CTEs). It's powerfull, easy to write and read and very flexible.

How has it helped my organization?

JSONB (Binary JSON storage), because I can have both relational and non-relation data storage at the same time with this data type. In addition, by using Generalized Inverted Indexes (GIN) it supports fast lookups and simple expression search queries.

What needs improvement?

Replication is not yet as well implemented as in MySQL.

I've been using it for one year and five months

There are some issues around different OS, but not a big problem.

The documentation could be written better, but there is a huge community committed to help.

I used MySQL, but for safety and consistency issues, I moved to PostgreSQL

Straightforward, easy and intuitive.

In a vendor team, we develop products for different segments stores. In the implementation, keep in mind the configurations and platforms that are available, it certainly will save time and avoid potential problems.

What other advice do I have?

Currently this is one of the best solutions on the market. It is a tool without cost, powerful, easy to learn and with a large active community.

9.4.7
More PostgreSQL reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with MySQL
Learn what your peers think about PostgreSQL. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.