PostgreSQL Review

It has easy integration with a lot of visualization tools such as QlikView and Tableau.

Valuable Features

GIS function. Geography is a very important function/dimension for our f. Postgres helps analyse that easily.

Improvements to My Organization

It provides access to data for analytics. It has a lot of free tools available for data access, and has easy integration with a lot of visualization tools such as QlikView and Tableau.

Room for Improvement

They need to develop an easy way to do a cross-DB query and some basic report visuals and alert systems would make it awesome, if they are possible.

Use of Solution

>2 years

We had no deployment issues.

The product is quite stable.

There's been no issues with scaling it for our needs.

It has a great support community.

Implementation Team

It's very easy, and you only need to familiarize yourself with its file structure. Sometimes you need to write your own plugin, so sometimes it is better to have it implemented by a vendor.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's free as it's open source.

Other Solutions Considered

For me all SQL tools/products are similar, except for a few important differences like GIS functions in PostgreSQL, and programming abilities in Oracle PL/SQL, etc.

Other Advice

Go ahead with the product which has the best use case for your organization. Cost is never an issue.