What is most valuable?
- The status overview page provides a state of computers monitored and provides quickly what users need to focus on
- The satellite service installed on remote computers is an easy way to add clients, plus it's easy to deploy and to configure
- The licence is perpetual and not linked to one computer, so it's possible to remove a licence from one computer and use it on another with no extra cost
How has it helped my organization?
- As a monitoring tool, PA Monitor provides details to the IT team to prevent, or act, when a problem occurs
- As a multi-site company, we enable our users to check the status of our servers via a web interface built within PA Server Monitor
What needs improvement?
- The satellite service installation file could be separated from the server one. It would reduce the size of the file, and reduce the time to deploy on weak connections
- The GUI could be improved
For how long have I used the solution?
I've been using it for two years.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
How are customer service and technical support?
I have never had to call customer service. Technical Support
9/10 because they have a really great and efficient technical support team.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
No, it's our first monitoring tool.
How was the initial setup?
The setup is straightforward, but, again, it could be improved for satellite installations.
What about the implementation team?
We implemented it in-house.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
Yes, we tried open-source solutions such as Nagios and Cacti, but some monitoring that we needed was not possible to implement with these solutions.
What other advice do I have?
PA Server Monitor can use its own database, but I would recommend using a Microsoft SQL server to improve the rapidity of this software, as PA Monitor is fully compatible with SQL server.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Apr 22 2015