PowerEdge C Review

Provides a great management platform but more flexibility is needed

What is our primary use case?

I was running them as hosts for my virtual or private cloud — we were hosting several servers, virtual servers.

What is most valuable?

The management platform is great.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything that needs to be improved at the moment. A lot of evolution is occurring with Blade PowerEdge, including, what call, the blade servers. The VxRail should be opened to allow other virtualization platforms to be used.

I have been using PowerEdge C for over 10 years.

PowerEdge C is very stable. We hardly experience any downtime.

In terms of scalability, as long as the infrastructure is set up well, adding a host to the environment is very easy — I don't see any issues with that. A lot depends on the design that you put in place.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give the technical support a rating of eight. I am very satisfied with them.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

PowerEdge C is very expensive, but personally, I think it's worth the price.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven. If they lowered the price, I would give them a higher rating.

Find out what your peers are saying about Dell EMC, Super Micro, Fujitsu and others in Blade Servers. Updated: June 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.