PractiTest Review

Flexible and intuitive with easy reporting, and good support that is instantly available through chat

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to create a library of our manual test cases, to record any bugs, and report the status of the testing to the stakeholders.

How has it helped my organization?

Helped organise the manual test cases so they were documented correctly. This was invaluable as it allowed for reviewing/improving of test scripts so they could be followed by a number of different people which helped with resourcing. The reporting was useful to as i could concentrate on the testing knowing the reporting sorted itself out which was a massive step up from using excel where the reporting took a lot of effort simply to keep track of progress.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the way the libraries are structured so that they were not folder driven. They are structured by tags. We had tagged test cases.

It's a nice feature that allows you to be quite flexible in the way that you structure them.

Also, the fact that you can review the test cases as well as approve them or put them through repair is a very useful feature.

The reporting is quite simple.

The interface is quite intuitive. It's pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

It doesn't allow you to connect to multiple different bug tracking tools at the same time. This is not an issue if you only have one bug tracker but we can potentially use different tools for different projects. As an example, if you connect PractiTest to Jira for one project, that's the one you have to use for all projects.

We had a requirement to connect with Jira for one project, and a different tool for another, project but it was unable to accommodate that unfortunately.

I would therefore like to see it easier to integrate with bug tracking tools at project level which would give each project the opportunity to use a different bug tracker if required.

I have been using PractiTest for approximately two years.

We were using the latest version. It's a SaaS solution, so it's always the latest one.

The last time I used this solution was May of this year.

PractiTest is a stable solution.

We haven't tried to scale it yet.

There were only a few of us in our company who are using it. Approximately four or five.

We contacted technical support briefly, and it was pretty good.

The support is pretty much instantly available through an online chat, which is quite rare really.

You didn't have to raise a ticket and wait for a response, you just do an instant chat for them, which is quite nice.

Prior to PractiTest we just used excel which meant we often simply recorded what we wanted to test but never documented how to test it.

The initial setup was very simple. It only took minutes to deploy.

As long as you can put in your card details, you can be up and running.

We implemented ourselves. If we wanted help it was there. They have very good online chat support that is pretty much available instantly. Which is quite nice.

It's a straightforward system, so we didn't need too much. We were only using it for testing, so we weren't really doing much with automated testing.

It was quite straightforward.

Pricing is probably in the middle, it's not the cheapest but it's not the most expensive.

There were no additional fees, everything was included in the license and the online support was great.

I looked at a few but preferred PractiTest for its pricing flexibility.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate PractiTest an eight out of ten.

More PractiTest reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about PractiTest, Microsoft, Micro Focus and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.