Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Review

It provides secure access for cloud data centers or cloud platforms and is stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use it to securely access cloud data centers or cloud platforms. If a customer has a lot of workload in the cloud, then from the Prisma Access cloud, they can create secure access to all cloud platforms.

What is most valuable?

The users can securely access any cloud data centers or cloud platforms. In terms of the features, it has all the features that Palo Alto Next-Generation Firewall has. It is also very stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to the VPN, it uses the global protect VPN functionality to connect remotely, but it has a feature limitation for assigning multiple IP subnets to different user groups. It would be much better if we are able to assign the current IP blocks for the subnets based on the user groups.

We got its distribution about eight months ago.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable. The scalability can be based on the number of users or the number of networks. You can expand it the way you want. In Sri Lanka, we have about 3,000 users.

Palo Alto's technical support is good because they have multiple methods and licenses. Their premier support seems better.

The initial setup is straightforward in a way, but there are certain things that may require Panorama, which is a centralized management platform. The management of certain things can only be done through Panorama. For the initial integration, a few steps have to be followed, but after that, it is easy to configure and use.

For the console-side deployment, one or two engineers would be enough. A complete user deployment may take a few weeks to complete.

Prisma Access is a little bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Prisma Access a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor
More Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.