Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Review

Plenty of features, secure, and simple installation

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to secure and monitor our traffic to the cloud. We are able to route traffic where we need it to go and It provides us with secure direct connectivity to our cloud application console.

What is most valuable?

There are plenty of features this solution provides and the most valuable would be the complete security protection we are receiving. We are provided with similar security that the Palo Alto AWS solution has. This includes features such as a firewall and machine learning AI. The cloud server provides maximum uptime, controls, and overall strong security.

I have received a lot of good client user experience from the solution.

What needs improvement?

There can be some latency issues with the solution that should be improved.

I have found when comparing this solution to others it is very stable.

The solution is scalable. We definitely plan to increase usage, many people are working from home and this solution makes sense being in the cloud. We encourage our organization to utilize the solution to its maximum potential.

Whenever we had to use the technical support they have been very knowledgeable about the issue we were facing.

I have used other solutions in the past and this solution has better security and conductivity in the cloud environment.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We did the implementation ourselves. The full implementation can take a while, it typically does not take more than a few days. However, the time is dependant on the environment in which the solution is being implemented. It should not take more than 20 days.

Since this is a cloud base solution it does not require a lot of maintenance. The updates are done from the company side.

The solution requires a license and the technical support has extra costs. The licensing model could improve.

What other advice do I have?

I have learned that moving operations to the cloud is a good thing.

I rate Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks a nine out of ten.

More Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks reviews from users
...who compared it with Fortinet FortiClient
Learn what your peers think about Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.