Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks Review

Easy to set up and very user friendly with great reporting capabilities

What is our primary use case?

When we did a POC, we realized that this product was able to give us insights into how consumers or services are activated. We could tell if, in certain cases, there was any kind of manual issues such as a misconfiguration. The solution is used to help us to reconfigure items and figure out what reconfiguration needs to be done, et cetera. Our target was to enhance the security portion of our AWS cloud.

What is most valuable?

The security features are quite good.

The monitoring part is excellent. It is able to completely monitor our users in order to see what the users are doing at what time and if the users are currently logged in from India, and after five minutes of seeing a user if they are then trying to log in from Singapore, for example. Of course, this would not be possible, and so we would know something was wrong. It can pick up questionable behavior that may have been missed.

The reporting is great.

It's very user-friendly. You can easily make customized dashboards as well.

We can easily restrict the users if we need to. We can even restrict them from accessing certain applications or services.

If anything tries to come in from a malicious IP, it will block it.

The initial setup is easy.

We've found the solution to be stable and reliable.

The solution does offer pretty good integration options.

Technical support is quite helpful.

What needs improvement?

The remediation part could be better. It should be able to automatically remediate on the basis of its artificial intelligence. If there are alerts, it should directly act and surround the malicious threat with a container or something. Instead of waiting on approval, it should immediately act. There should be no need for manual input when there is a threat on hand.

The ability to scale is limited as it is a SAS product.

The licensing is a bit confusing.

We've used the solution for a while. Previously, it was RedLock Solutions and we were using it since it was known as RedLock. That's around let's say two years now. Then, Palo Alto bought it, and we now use it under the new name.

The stability and reliability are excellent. There are no bugs or glitches. It does not crash or freeze. it's great.

The scalability isn't infinite. It's limited.

That said, we haven't really tested it as we haven't added any users or anything into the solution yet.

We have found the technical support to be helpful and responsive. Originally, when we needed assistance with integrating it into our AWS cloud, we contact them and they helped us immediately. It was a very positive experience. We were very satisfied.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not overly complex. A company should be able to handle it without any issues.

We pay a licensing fee on a yearly basis.

It is not costly. However, the way it is priced is based on the number of incentives. The problem is, what is the number of incentives? We don't know. They seem to do it by the number of workloads, however, we're unclear as to what defines a workload. They need to improve on the licensing front. They need to be more clear about the whole thing.

I've never evaluated any other services.

What other advice do I have?

We are Palo Alto partners.

I'd advise that companies that get big and have a lot of servers or critical applications in their cloud invest in this solution.

I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.