Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks Review

Sophisticated, easier, more user-friendly, and has a flexible deployment

What is our primary use case?

In terms of our use cases, we are a telecom firm and we work a lot with telecom firms around the world, and so we have a lot of solutions other than Twistlock. We have applications, we have consumer-based solutions that we run on a daily basis, and heavily regulatory processes as well. We found it's better that we move our core application than our user systems on container because they're quick, they're effective, easy to deploy, and easy to maintain. But because of the sanctions, heavily regulated security is a very core part of the entire environment, and thus we had to go ahead and look for a solution that would help automate that security part and because it was almost impossible to go about doing that manually.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, there are some small things like hardening and making sure the Linux resources are deployed well but that's more at an operational level. Day-to-day, we do find a lot of issues but having a tool to help us with them is what we want because manually, it's not feasible for us. Other than that, we not really looking for any other add-ons or plug-ins because that was our core problem.

We have been using Twistlock for just under five months.

We had deployed it on-prem like it was on our infrastructure. It is primarily in our hands how we want to scale it because we could have run that across all of our data centers and multiply the licenses because it was fairly easy to acquire this. We have a running relationship with Palo Alto but we did not face any direct issues with scalability at the moment because we were running it on our premises.

We have people from Palo Alto. We have not had any major issues as such therein we had to reach out but there are some times we create service tickets that go to Palo Alto because Twistlock has networking image of audio open-source development so maybe sometimes there are glitches in that, and we reach out to them but more often the network is just that. We've never had any issues, major or drastic, issues that we need to reach out to L1 and L2.

The initial setup was very complex. We have more than 10,000 servers on-premises and this is excluding what we have off-prem and on cloud deployment as well.

We used an integration because we got them from Palo Alto. We have a network firewall from them.

What other advice do I have?

I would say Twistlock is a fairly sophisticated tool. It's not the most user-friendly so if somebody wants to use it for their deployment, their firm, they need to have the right people on your team to know how to use it because it's not a plug and play kind of software, like Aqua Security which is a little more plug and play. I think it's easier, more user-friendly, and has a more flexible kind of deployment. If you can configure it well, Twistlock is a lot better in providing you real-time statistics than Aqua Security.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

I recommend two months of POC in this. It's fairly new but until now it's been pretty good.