Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks Review

Good ability to quarantine and clean a malware file; lacks a hybrid model

What is our primary use case?

This solution helps us with visibility of the data stored in the cloud and it even scans our files. If a user is trying to upload any kind of malware file or a script, Prisma SaaS scans those files and helps us identify anything malicious. If it finds something, it directly cleans the file. We are partners with Prisma SaaS.

What is most valuable?

I've evaluated multiple solutions on the market but to quarantine and clean a malware file is something I haven't seen anywhere else. It's a great feature and provides a lot of security.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a hybrid model which has API plus in-line security, where the user's data is controlled via an API call and also controlled in-line.

We been using this solution for over a year.

We've never had any issues in terms of stability.

In terms of scalability, we initially went with the out-of-the-box solution which was able to support around 40 to 50 users and it was fine. There was no need for any add-ons. We now have a license for 200 users and it scales well.

Technical support is responsive. We contacted them a few times and they were helpful.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was completely on cloud and easily activated, and we were up and running quite quickly.

The licensing of this solution is a little expensive and is paid on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

If a company is looking for an API-based technology to control their SaaS data uses and user access, then Prisma SaaS is a good product but if they're looking for a complete CASB solution, then this is not suitable. The solution provides a lot of security but when you look at it in terms of the high cost for licensing, then it is not cost effective to spend that amount just to protect the data stored by the user.

I rate this solution a six out of 10.

More Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.