Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks Review

Enables us to easily monitor everything coming over the network and work accordingly

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to secure the network. We block unwanted traffic.

How has it helped my organization?

We had a government project. When I was there, they asked to open some kind of port. We just had to initiate that traffic. Then we checked what kind of ports were blocked. We gave them the ports and after that they asked to open the port for the traffic application. We did the work accordingly.

What is most valuable?

Monitoring is the most valuable feature because we can easily monitor all kinds of stuff coming over the network. We can check the dashboard and work accordingly.

What needs improvement?

Overall it is actually very good. I haven't yet had any issue at all. One thing that would help is if we could get a guide. With Cisco, for example, you can just type the problem regarding your Cisco product and you will easily get your solution. In Palo Alto, however, it's not easy to find the solutions.

We've been using this solution for about three years.

Stability is good.

Currently, our network security team is taking charge of the firewall but behind that, the users have to go through the firewall. Initially, we had three or four firewalls, so two or three engineers were enough for the deployment and maintenance.

The initial setup was a bit complex. It took two or three months and we are still continually working on it.

The solution is actually very expensive. I don't know the particulars since the purchasing team dealt with it.

We just checked which firewall was top rated. We selected two such firewalls. One was Check Point and the other was Palo Alto. Both of them are comparatively good.

What other advice do I have?

Ultimately, Palo Alto is a very advanced firewall. The firewall uses activation awareness. This firewall can easily identify what applications are running behind the network. This is a good solution to use.

I would rate this solution as eight out of ten.

More Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Prisma SaaS by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.