Prolexic Review

Dropping the initial necessary investment for the on-premises DDoS detection and mitigation is the most valuable feature of this solution.

What is most valuable?

Since they're basically a DDoS protection service, dropping the initial necessary investment for the on-premises DDoS detection and mitigation is the most valuable feature of this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

They've scrubbed DDoS traffic that was blasting us offline, thus allowing legitimate traffic through and letting our service return online.

What needs improvement?

I don't have any particular suggestions here, it does what it's supposed to do. It's expensive, though.

Not sure for how long the company has used it, I have used it for about a year but it existed for a few years before that.

There were no stability issues.

The technical support team is great! They have dedicated SOC teams ready in minutes for emergencies.

We were not using any other solution. Currently, we are researching about additional on-prem solutions.

The initial setup requires networking knowledge, as GRE tunnels and BGP sessions must be set up, along with routing decisions. In addition, the TCP MSS need to be adjusted for allowing the GRE tunnel overhead. For example, the setting of the TCP MSS higher than 1500, such as to 1600, so as to allow for the GRE header overhead.

Consider how this solution fits into a comprehensive DDsS defense strategy, don't just outsource responsibility to them. Walk, don't fall in.

If internal procedures suck and the emergency responders fall over each other in detection/verification during an incident, Prolexic can only help so much. Have a way to move towards the automated signaling mechanisms that invoke DDoS mitigation route on to their network faster than a human can.