Proofpoint Email Protection Review

Supportive and responsive technical support with good security rules

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators and this is a product that we implement for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The sandbox update is very accurate.

They have customized security rules, mature rules, anti-virus protection, as well as email authentication similar to SPF, DKIM, and DMARC.

What needs improvement?

They do not have an on-demand scan for the internal viruses and internal users, and they don't have a scan for the exchange server against viruses and spam as Symantec does.

Also, they are not able to scan multiple engines as McAfee does.

I would like to see a feature included as an email security gateway the way that Symantec does.

I have been using Proofpoint Email Protection for seven months.

It's a stable product.

I believe that it is scalable, but we have not explored that area yet.

Technical support is very supportive and they respond immediately.

The initial setup was very easy, and straightforward. It only takes one day to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Proofpoint Email Protection a nine out of ten.

More Proofpoint Email Protection reviews from users
...who work at a Consumer Goods Company
...who compared it with Forcepoint Email Security
Learn what your peers think about Proofpoint Email Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.
1 Comment

author avatarreviewer1458411 (Network Security Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees)
Top 10Real User

Proofpoint is able to scan with multiple engines. and can scan internal mails with an additional solution (internal mail defense).