Proofpoint Email Protection Review

Good security with reasonable pricing and a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for a variety of services. It's mostly related to email.

What is most valuable?

The state-of-the-art security is the solution's most valuable aspect.

The solution scales quite well.

The product offers very good value for money.

The solution is very easy to handle overall.

The implementation process is simple and straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The incident reporting on offer needs to be improved. It's lacking right now. It should be on the platform somewhere.

I've been using the solution for three years so far.

The scalability of the solution is excellent. That has to do with the fact that it is placed behind the load balancers. It makes it so that we have no problems with scalability. It's very, very good. If a company needs to scale, they can do so with ease.

The technical support is okay. We don't have any complaints on that front. We're largely satisfied with the level of support we receive.

Our organization also has some experience with Cisco, however, I don't directly deal with it on a technical level per se.

While the initial setup is straightforward, in all cases, those doing the impr=lementation need to be well-prepared for the project.

While the final deployment takes two days, which isn't very long, the research front should take at least a month. Being prepared at the outset will ensure all parties are happy with the end results once everything is up and running.

The pricing is reasonable, however, it's expensive. It offers good value. You get good value for your money for it, so it's no problem spending as much as you do.

What other advice do I have?

We're just consultants. We help our clients with this product.

Overall, we've been happy with the product and the results we've gotten. I would rate the product at a nine out of ten.

While I don't have specific advice, I can say that the solution is easy to handle and we didn't have any troubles with the initial implementation. It was pretty seamless. I'd recommend the solution to other organizations.

More Proofpoint Email Protection reviews from users
...who work at a Consumer Goods Company
...who compared it with Forcepoint Email Security
Learn what your peers think about Proofpoint Email Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.